1. I couldn't care less where the story is headed.
2. I couldn't identify with, or even like, Sam.
3. I feel like I'm reading a slightly older version of Princess Diaries, with a few alterations here and there. Too few to make it stand out, however.
4. This reads completely like a YA, when I was expecting something far more mature and steamy and sexy. Or really, anything but this washed-out, plain story.
5. I only mildly liked Alex. Combined with reasons #1-4, this made for a HUGE disappointment.
I'm so sorry, Cory. I know how much you wanted us to like this. I tried, I honestly did, but no more. Sorry.
___________________Summer 2013 Readalong!
After being convinced by Cory's review
and I are planning to buddy read this on June 14
. If any of you want to join in, you're more than welcome to (leave a comment to let us know you're taking part). Current participants (click on the names to see their respective reviews): 1.
Moi2. Sarah3. Aly4. Cory5. Stacia6. PJ7. Anzu8. Angela9. Laura10. Miranda11. Alexis12. Jenny13. Maru14. Aure15. Jgilles16. LyndiWhoever's participating in the fun is ordered requested to edit their review so we can spread the word and make this a readalong of momentous proportions!