Ravishing the Heiress - Sherry Thomas The absolute best thing about Sherry Thomas's romances (among many) is how unconventional they always are. She goes beyond the typical reformed rake meets wallflower spinster and they live HEA plot to create lively, passionate, and heartwarming stories that are entirely original. [b:Ravishing the Heiress|13051602|Ravishing the Heiress (Fitzhugh Trilogy, #2)|Sherry Thomas|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1326225990s/13051602.jpg|18216417] is no exception.

Fitz married Millie for her money, at the expense of losing his childhood sweetheart, Isabelle. Nearly a decade has passed and they've gradually settled into a comfortable married life that effectively hides Millie's unrequited love for Fitz. Through mutual agreement, they have yet to consummate the marriage, but that all changes when Isabelle, now a widow, comes back into their life to reclaim her place by Fitz's side.

I fell in love with Millie first and Fitz much later. Hated Isabelle from the beginning, but then that was completely expected. Millie and Fitz's romance felt more like a courtship than anything else, even though they're husband and wife already. I adore friendships that turn into true love and this one was more enjoyable than most.

Unfortunately, the ending ruined this book for me. I was thoroughly enjoying the story uptil then, but the ending was abrupt, anticlimactic, and completely unfair considering all Millie had to go through. A few more chapters, or even a proper epilogue, would've easily made me give this 4 stars.

But despite the disappointing read [b:Ravishing the Heiress|13051602|Ravishing the Heiress (Fitzhugh Trilogy, #2)|Sherry Thomas|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1326225990s/13051602.jpg|18216417] eventually became, I can't wait to read [b:Tempting the Bride|13542886|Tempting the Bride (Fitzhugh Trilogy, #3)|Sherry Thomas|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1350882085s/13542886.jpg|18441729] next, considering how the dialog between Helena and David has been the most witty and engaging of the three couples so far.

For more reviews, visit my blog: