Speechless - Hannah Harrington
I can't believe someone as good as you exists. I can't believe you even want to be around me. I can't believe how lucky I am when just weeks ago I thought my life was over.

4.6/5 stars

Speechless is cheesy, sappy, and predictable, yet an absolute treasure regardless. Unlike most realistic YA novels out there, Chelsea's story is full of hope rather than angst.

Saving June had greater emotional impact, but in a lot of ways, I loved Speechless more. The subject matter in Saving June has been addressed a thousand times in as many novels, but the idea behind Speechless is unique and more memorable. I'm really talkative too and sometimes I say things I regret later, so I could relate to Chelsea's situation on a much more personal level than I could Saving June.

Speechless is a gentle, beautiful story. I loved nearly every single character in the book (especially Sam! *dreamy sigh*) and felt so proud of the young woman Chelsea developed into by the end as compared the spoiled brat she was at the beginning.
But even though I know my flaws are many (many, many, many), and there are always ways I could be better, and I should never stop working for that - I also need to give myself a break. I can cut myself some slack sometimes. Because I'm a work in progress. Because nobody's perfect. At least I acknowledge the mistakes I've made, and am making. At least I'm trying. That means something, doesn't it?

I think all teens, and even adults, should read this. Speechless is definitely one of the most gorgeous message books I've read in a while. Strongly recommended!

For more reviews, visit my blog: