Simply Irresistible - Jill Shalvis *Buddy read with Brit! You can read her review here.*

I generally tend to love small town romances, but I had a lot of trouble connecting with the characters in Simply Irresistible and that mostly ruined my enjoyment of the story.

Maddie is, simply put, a doormat. She regained some of her inner strength by the end, but throughout the story, I didn't really develop any feelings for her. I didn't like her, didn't hate her, she was just there. The only thing we have in common is our love for chips.

Jax is way too perfect with how he fell in love with Maddie at first sight, gave her space, was always there whenever she needed him, didn't push her for answers, cancelled meetings for her, etc. etc. He even built his own house and furniture! Really, this guy couldn't have been more ideal if he'd tried. Or more unrelatable. I would have preferred someone a little bit more human for a hero.

Chloe and Tara seem a lot more interesting than Maddie and Ford and Sawyer more than Jax so I'll definitely be continuing this series and reading their respective books. Overall, Simply Irresistible is a cute yet forgettable read, but the side characters intrigue me enough that I won't be giving up on the series just yet.

For more reviews, visit my blog.