The Undomestic Goddess - Sophie Kinsella After reading several books by Kinsella, the only major complaint I have is that the endings are extremely unsatisfying. She builds up the character development and story so, so well, only to have it all end just shy of the perfect HEA. The first thought I usually have after finishing her books is, "Wait, what? That's it?"

More than in Kinsella's other novels, this factor is impossible to ignore in The Undomestic Goddess. Samantha comes a long way from being a lawyer-zombie to a content housekeeper, but that change isn't really explored as much as I would have expected. It's like as soon as SK decided she'd placed her characters exactly where she wanted, she lost all interest in finishing their story properly.

In addition, Nathaniel should have played a bigger role in the book. Honestly, I felt a little cheated by the "romance". All the hints are there, but most of the scenes between the two MCs are simply skimmed over and told in retrospect.

Overall, I liked reading The Undomestic Goddess, but I would have enjoyed it a lot more if there had been more story and less narration. This book doesn't leave any lasting impression, but it's still a fun read as long as you keep your hopes low.

2.75/5 stars

For more reviews, visit my blog.