For You (The 'Burg, #1) - Kristen Ashley For You has everything I've come to expect from KA - unforgettable characters, a heartwarming romance, and a perfect HEA ending, along with an additional mystery theme.

Feb and Colt were high school sweethearts, the type everyone knew would get married young and have little babies and stay together forever and ever. Therefore, it came as a huge shock to everyone when Feb broke up with Colt and left town. Nearly two decades later, these two cross paths again when Feb becomes involved in a murder case Colt is investigating.

For You is the most raw and emotionally gripping book of KA's I've read to date. The details of the murders are sickening and Feb's reaction to them painful to read. While most of the books by Ashley are light and fun, this is definitely not one that will help you relax or even put you in a good mood for the most part.

As expected of KA, the romance between Colt and Feb is completely enchanting, especially in the beginning and towards the end. Unfortunately, I felt it was extremely drawn-out and dull in the middle, when it felt like the story was at a standstill and no progress was being made either way. It wasn't entirely unnecessary, but I lost interest in the plot and romance about halfway through, and never fully regained it.

Even more surprisingly, I found myself disliking Feb. I feel she's way too much like KA's other heroines, both physically and personality-wise, without the extra charm they had that made me love them regardless of how similar they were to one another.

Nonetheless, Ashley still writes some of the best endings I've ever read and this one's no exception. It left me with a warm fuzzy feeling in my heart, a tear in my eye, and a huge smile on my face.

I can't wait to read the rest of the books in the series, especially the next one because At Peace has the second-most highest rating out of all KA novels, with an average of 4.46.

3.5/5 stars

For more reviews, visit my blog.