Call Me Irresistible - Susan Elizabeth Phillips Call Me Irresistible is probably the book I anticipated the most in this entire series as it features characters that have already been introduced rather than new and unfamiliar ones. SEP doesn't deliver this time, however.

I can't begin to express how disappointed I am with Call Me Irresistible , and by extension, SEP. The beginning was so awful, I nearly dropped this book several times. The only thing that kept me going was my loyalty to the author that initially made me fall in love with CR. Had it been anyone else, I would have most definitely dropped this and rated it no more than 1 star.

That feeling persisted for a long while, all the way until the very last 3 chapters. I knew that Ted and Meg would be messed up and annoying, but what completely shocked me was the attitude of Wynette's elite class, and specifically, Francie. Whatever happened to getting to know a person before passing judgment or minding your own business or cutting a poor girl some slack for going though the exact same thing YOU did?! Even the ending didn't redeem Francie and Emma for me.

Ironically, the couple I liked the least previously turned out to be my favorite in Call Me Irresistible. Jake and Fleur from Glitter Baby were completely natural and genuine in their role as a married couple and as Meg's parents, and I have half a mind to go back and change my 3-star rating into 5 stars instead for these two.

Ted and Meg are opposites in every sense of the word and that's what makes them so compatible. He's cold to her hot, level-headed to her reckless, and unemotional to her passionate. Meg starts out as spoiled and careless and ends up being a strong and responsible woman. Ted starts out as little more than a robot and ends up being one of SEP's sweetest heroes.

The last few chapters of Call Me Irresistible nearly makes up for the whole book, they're that great. I find it hard to entirely let go of the betrayal I felt over Francie and Emma's behavior, no matter how well-intentioned their actions, but the ending went a long way in making up for it. If I hadn't had such a hard time with the rest of the book, this might have been my most favorite title of SEP's yet. Hopefully Lucy's story will be better.

On a side note: This is my 600th rating! Yippee!!

For more reviews, visit my blog.