Chain Reaction - Simone Elkeles Rating: I was sure this was going to be a 5-star read until about the last 100 pages or so. Everything went downhill from there. Luis lied to Nikki just like Carlos and Alex did in their respective books, Luis got beaten up, Nikki finally got over herself and came to help him heal. Perfect Chemistry and Rules of Attraction much?

At that point, I would have given Chain Reaction a 3-star rating and considered myself generous. But then Nikki and Luis finally grew up and got their act together, which made for an amazing ending. This series has the best epilogues ever! I wish I could rate this book in parts: first part = 5 stars, second part = 4 stars, third part = 3 stars, last part = 4.5 stars.

Review: The Fuentes brothers have a lot in common with each other, given their love of cars and culture, charming personalities, hot bodies, irresistance to challenge, and having a thrill for danger, but each brother manages to be unique as well. Alex is slightly more responsible than Carlos and Luis, Carlos is the most reckless of the three, and Luis is the genius of the family.

I love Nikki the most out of the three girls. While Kiara and Brittany are a lot like each other, Nikki's different in that she's Mexican, isn't a virgin, and is a lot more tough/wary than either of the other two. I did get annoyed with her for being so stuck up on Marco and what happened with him. It's understandable, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

I love the little glimpses into the lives of Alex and Brittany, Carlos and Kiara. It's amazing seeing these couples develop from their initial attraction to true love to a happily forever after. My favorite part of the book was definitely when all three couples team up to play Panty Discus. That scene truly shows the love and family bond between the three brothers and their respective girlfriends/wives.

There is a huge shocking revelation regarding Luis in this book, and I hate how it was never entirely resolved. Why didn't Luis ever talk it out with his mother? He sorted it out with his brothers, but never with his mother. :/

Perfect Chemistry is one of the best YA series out there, and it's definitely the best at portraying the struggles of teenage life, especially if you come from a less-than-perfect background. While I'm still not positive about the rating of this book, I'm 100% sure that this series, as a whole, deserves 5 big stars.