First Grave on the Right - Darynda Jones I was reluctant about starting this one because of the whole "intensely hot dreams the protagonist’s been having about an Entity who has been following her all her life" thing. The whole idea seemed far-fetched and unbelievable, but thanks to the many rave reviews on this book, I decided to give it a shot anyway, and I'm SO glad I did. I finished this book in all of two sittings because it was just that amazing. It scores points for everything: plot, characters, originality, writing style, suspense, wit, etc. etc.

Charley is a fantastic, superb character. She had me laughing out loud in every scene and my initial problem with this book (the dreams) turned into the main highlight and I found myself flipping through the pages just for the mere mention of "the Entity". All of the physical descriptions about him made him resemble Jericho, and his actual identity doesn't disappoint either. I feel sorry for Garrett 'cause he doesn't stand a chance against Reyes, but I enjoy his dialogue with Charley too much to sincerely wish him a HEA with another woman. I also adore Cookie; she's a true best friend and even I was a little surprised at the way she readily accepted every revelation.

Another amazing thing about this book is that it manages to be both funny and serious at the same time. Even as I was laughing at one line or another, my mind was also reeling from the sudden clues about Reyes and especially what he said at the end about killing Charley. That came out of nowhere, but I'm thrilled that at least he decided to tell Charley from the very start instead of going traitor after leading her on for ages, like a certain other moron *coughkiyocough*.

I'm glad this book is getting the love it deserves, and seriously can't wait for the next book to come out.