Friday Night Bites - Chloe Neill My rating: 3.5 stars

I didn't really like this book as much as the first one. For one thing, Merit was really annoying towards the second half of the book, pushing away everyone for no particular reason. One or two outbursts are fine, but it becomes really frustrating when all the well-intentioned people are getting alienated and simply because they're against you being unfair to your boyfriend.

For another, I hate how cliched this series is getting. It's reminding me more and more of VA with the love triangle and family history of the main character, etc. etc. The bodyguard thing is pretty similar too. And after reading wayyyy too many books with the calm, cool, and collected guy always getting the girl, this one seriously made me roll my eyes. It's about time the sweet and happy-go-lucky guy has an honest chance with the heroine.

And lastly, the dialogue was really choppy and weird at times, esp. when Merit pulls the whole "I'm Sentinel, move back or else" act. I hated the way she's totally against Ethan changing her against her will in one scene, and the next, she's going on and on and on about how Ethan's her master, leige, boss, etc. etc. and she'll do anything to protect him, blah blah blah.

But other than that, the plot was very interesting. Again, a bit lacking in the originality area, but if you really really love vampire romances and "Some Girls Bite", this book won't disappoint too much.